Capital Institute of Hearing
Hear More. Live More.
Silver Spring, MD 20904
See on map
Mon – Fri:
8:00am – 5:00pm
Sat – Sun:
At Capital Institute of Hearing & Balance, our concierge care plan allows you to make the appointments when it is convenient for you.
We provide a child-friendly approach to the comprehensive evaluation and treatment of infants and children.
Dizziness & Balance
We provide highly customized, evidence-based methods for selection, fitting and verifying the most current hearing aid technology.
We provide an evidence-based approach to comprehensive tinnitus evaluation and individualized management plans.
Other Services Include
Hearing & Balance
Dr. Candice E. Ortiz-Hawkins
- Audiologist, speaker, and author on hearing healthcare practices.
- Over 10 years at the prestigious Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
- Master Clinician for her work in ototoxicity.
Dr. Jacquelyn C. J. Lovitt
- American Board of Audiology Certified Audiologist
- Work at the premiere military hospital in the nation, Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
- Named Senior Master Clinician at Walter Reed.
Over-the-Counter Hearing Aids Are Coming SOON!
They’re coming! In August 2022, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a rule allowing the sale of over-the-counter (OTC) hearing aids. They should hit the market in full force...
A Good Summer for Ears and Hearing
While you’re planning your trips, travels, and time off this summer, consider these quick tips to care for your ears and hearing: Show some love to the skin you’re in,...
Real Ear: Why Every Hearing Aid User Needs It
“Real ear” and “speechmapping” are procedures that ensure your hearing aids are set correctly. These procedures allow audiologists to measure how loud sounds are and verify that the sounds are...